This seems to be a common question today and I understand why. We are on the cusp of a resurgence of our standing in the world, or taking a deep dive over the precipice into the abyss. That’s why I’ve been in my happy place today.
Although I’ve had the TV on in the background, I wanted to make sure things are going smoothly and safely, my goal has been to draw my attention elsewhere. Otherwise I would have been down so many social media rabbit holes today it would have driven me a bit batty.
Instead, I woke up with a list of things to do today:
- Make some blueberry muffins (Hint: Don’t get distracted and use bread flour for muffins—still tasty, but don’t hold their shape well.)
- Bake some bacon and save the grease as a drizzle over our dog’s breakfast.
- Bake some rosemary bread.
- Read a little of What Unites Us by Dan Rather (Recommend it already!)
- Do a little social media.
- Walk with my husband for a break and again at lunch with our dog.
- Give making my first cheesecake a whirl—milk chocolate (I’ll share a picture tomorrow when it’s completely done.)
- Open a package of new bakeware.
- Contact Peet’s to see when my other bag of coffee will arrive.
- See if I might help text voters to remind them to vote and where—2,500 texts sent!
- Write blog early because starting at 4:00, I’m going to be glued to the TV until I can’t keep my eyelids open, or they declare Biden the winner.
Hope all of you found a way to keep stress levels lower today. May tomorrow be a celebration of what America emphatically can be.
And for the last time this cycle, if you haven’t voted yet, get your behind in line to do so as there is still time to vote in person, or to drop off your ballot, in every one of our states.